We’ve been running Managing Editor for two years now, and one of the most common requests we hear from readers is that they want to get together and talk through their big challenges. This hunger for connection has only intensified while we’ve been sheltering at home during the pandemic.
We hope to host an in-person event for the future (a girl can dream!), but we don't want to wait for a Covid-19 vaccine before we get to hang out with you. So we’re hosting a content marketing virtual conference on Thursday, Oct. 22. We chose “Reboot” as our theme this year to reflect the massive changes underway in our personal and professional lives.
I’m beyond excited about the lineup for this content marketing virtual conference, which we’ll be expanding in the weeks to come:
- Betting on You: How to Put Yourself First and (Finally) Take Control of Your Career. Laurie Ruettimann's new book is an essential guide for how to snap out of autopilot and become your own best advocate. In her virtual keynote, she'll share candid anecdotes and advice to inspire you to own your professional success.
- What Your Creative Director Wishes You Knew - But Will Never Tell You. Ave Shalom is a creative director at Aon, where she is responsible for overseeing a team of designers and writers, as well as serving as the liaison between that team and the client. And she just wants us all to get along.
- Building the Perfect MarTech Stack. Tom Anderson is the managing editor of Managing Editor (meta, we know) and he's got Very Strong Opinions about which tools are worth investing in at which stage of a content team's development. He'll walk us through them.
- Plan B: How We Adapted Our Marketing Strategy for COVID. It’s no secret that COVID-19 threw all of our plans into a tailspin. What’s a marketer to do when faced with an impending recession when her product focuses on the hiring process? For Lisa Farrell and the team at balanceTRAK, the solution was to throw the marketing plan out the window and focus on the topics that would help their clients and prospects through the unprecedented health crisis.
- How to Be the Perfect Podcast Guest. With conferences and conventions canceled, the opportunity for in-person marketing and networking has vanished, driving us to find new ways to stay relevant and visible. If podcast appearances are part of your plan to create those relationships, you'll want to listen to Brigitte Lyons. The founder of Podcast Ally shares her expert advice on how to become the delightful guest that everyone can't wait to have back on the show.
Each 30-minute session will include Q&A and discussion time. You’ll have the chance to meet other members of the Managing Editor community and talk to your peers about how they’re approaching common challenges like talking about content ROI, bringing together a remote team, and adapting your own career to the demands of this new economy. We’re limiting the number of attendees, so we can host intimate breakout sessions throughout the day.
We invite you to register now for one of those limited spots. You can also register for specific sessions if you can’t make the whole day. I hope you can join us!
Sign up for the newsletter to get all the latest updates from Managing Editor.