When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
The Creative Director – Copywriter is responsible for ideation and development of compelling, creative omnichannel concepts and high-quality written content that is on-brand and on-strategy, across a variety of media specifically geared towards Verizon-owned channels. This includes creating groundbreaking concepts that will help generate positive impressions of the Verizon brand within social channels, as well as brand building overarching concepts to bring the Verizon brand closer to culture. The CD Copywriter must exhibit strong writing skills and an ability to oversee creative teams and collaborate with marketing, creative and design to ensure quality, verbal and visual consistency, and timeliness of material.
- Leads in directing and executing the ideation and creation of advertising and marketing assets as prescribed by strategy briefs. Particularly: Social first thinking, campaign thinking, social content and activation ideas, brand and digital experiences.
- Provides creative direction on small- to large-scale social first media projects from creative conception to completion.
- Brainstorms and strategizes with an integrated creative team to help develop creative direction with a focus on the writing of social first work.
- Helps convert rough ideas into refined presentations to illustrate concepts for creative reviews.
- Recommends, researches and develops language to support creative strategy and execution.
- Collaborates with the art directors to artfully build creative solutions to address specific project objectives.
- Directs and is accountable for the final development and production of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to detail that meets or exceeds the design objectives.
- Ensures brand guidelines and brand voice are embraced and adhered to across all executions.
- Supports the Senior Creative Directors and creative team in developing creative concepts and strategic thinking for omnichannel creative.
- Leads in creating conceptual ideas in brainstorms or offline creative development.
- Works to improve the team’s overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
- Provides visible support for leadership and helps build a unified team mindset.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience as an advertising and social copywriter.
- Experience usingAdobe Creative Cloud software, MS Word.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Advertising or related field.
- Experience overseeing creative teams and high-profile client projects.
- A portfolio showcasing your work of highly conceptual social and advertising ideas and executions.
- Eight or more years of relevant work experience, with some industry awards.
- Contributes in developing initial creative strategies to address core marketing and business objectives experience.
- Ability to actively participate in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights.
- Ability to state opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts.
- Ability to produce collateral within the brand, but also explores new interpretations of the brand and develops out-of-the-box approaches to grow the voice of the brand.
- Adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions abilities.
- Ability to understand that all projects require attention to detail so that work is on-time, on-budget and on-strategy.
- External advertising agency experience.
- In-House advertising agency experience.
- Demonstrated creative conceptualization skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.