- Position: Senior Editor
- Level: Senior Associate
- Location: Norwich, UK or Remote (Candidates must be based in the UK)
- Employment type: FTE
- Department: Content
NerdWallet, a website and mobile app delivering industry-leading financial guidance, tools and independent reviews, has expanded into the UK. Founded in 2009, NerdWallet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with a UK office in Norwich. There’s a team of more than 800 Nerds (including 40+ in the UK) who are on a mission to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions.
We have over 160 million visitors come to us every year as a trusted and objective source for information. We provide consumers with authority and practical guidance across a range of personal finance and small business topics, including loans, mortgages, banking, insurance, energy and general personal finance.
NerdWallet is looking for a full-time editor in the UK to continue to build a similar experience and resource for our UK audience — and help lead our growing team of UK financial guides. The role can be remote in the UK or based in our newly refurbished Norwich office.
Where you can make an impact:
- Line editing content authoritatively for transparency, accuracy, structure, tone, voice, style and grammar to help writers build authority and trust with consumers.
- Leading the content team and meetings when needed.
- Leading and developing writers, and potentially other editors.
- Influencing, building and completing content strategy for one or more verticals, alongside other collaborator teams, to meet key goals.
- Ensuring the team implement SEO standard processes, iterate to achieve the best results and effectively lead the performance of their content.
- Collaborating with cross-functional groups in the company to evaluate and prioritise business and content opportunities.
- Adapting content strategy and approach as consumer, company and team priorities evolve.
- Growing domain expertise to identify consumer struggles and industry trends, and supporting the team in doing the same.
- Optimally communicating strategy, goals, ideals and feedback within and outside the team.
- Optimising and leading the editorial workflow and processes.
- Demonstrating and fostering a growth mindset to ensure the team is improving and expanding skills, and thinking bigger over time.
- Interviewing applicants for open content roles.
- Passionate about helping consumers and ensuring that NerdWallet’s content is engaging, clear and practical.
- Consistently editing at a high level, demonstrating expertise at not only grammar and style, but also research and reporting, messaging and SEO.
- At ease with giving and receiving constructive feedback and steadfast about self-improvement.
- Able to work through contending viewpoints and handle significant conversations effectively.
- Effective at time management and handling multiple tasks at once.
- Comfortable making prioritisation decisions, dedicating resources as priorities call for.
- Tenacious about working efficiently and having a strong attention to detail.
- Resourceful and self-directed. You can manage a variety of assignments with minimal direction, and consistently deliver polished work.
- Eager to show ownership of team and company goals.
- A strong collaborator with editors and writers.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re passionate about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Previous experience editing for consumer-facing publications.
- Knowledge of the UK Personal Finance landscape and SEO experience are a plus.
- Experience leading writers or freelancers.
- Experience working on projects with other cross-functional partners is a plus.
- This role will be based in Norwich, UK or remote (based in the UK).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What We Offer:
- Generous Pension: NerdWallet offers up to 6% matched pension contribution
- 25 days holiday per year
- Wellness stipend: NerdWallet gives every employee a monthly wellness stipend. It is yours to use however you’d like
- Career enrichment stipend: We value a growth mindset, and we never stop learning Each year, you will have funds to help you grow professionally in your role at NerdWallet
- Mental health support: We take mental health seriously. To offer you mental health support, NerdWallet partners with Ginger, a chat-based mental health app. You are able to use Ginger anytime, any place
- Legal support: NerdWallet offers access to online legal support through Rocket Lawyer
- Wifi stipend: NerdWallet gives every remote employee a monthly Wifi stipend
NerdWallet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic: age; gender reassignment; being married or in a civil partnership; being pregnant or on maternity leave; disability; race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sex; or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.