Do you want to share useful stories with an email audience of 100k+ (and growing fast) digital nomads and remote workers?
SafetyWing is seeking an ambitious and creative storyteller to transform our email marketing into something never seen before.
We are open to part-time and full-time applicants based anywhere in the world (thought the Americas and Europe/Africa time zones are easiest). This role involves working with multiple internal teams and we’d love to work with someone interested in building a long and joyful career at our company. Your goals will be part growth, part product, and part brand.
🚀 About Us
SafetyWing (YC 2018) is building a global social safety net, including health and retirement for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems. If we succeed, we believe this will help ensure freedom and equal opportunity for everyone and is one of the most important missions of our time that no one else is working on. You’ll have an essential role in building the first country on the internet, serving remote workers, remote companies, and digital nomads.
We’re a team of 100+ globally distributed workers (stretching 10 timezones), with a headquarters in San Francisco.
💡 More on the role
We believe that email is far from declining. In fact, people are paying more attention to their inboxes than ever before. Your primary focus will not be to drive revenue, but reader value. We want people to be excited when they see our emails hit their inbox and look forward to it each week! Email will often be one of the first points of contact with SafetyWing and our media projects.
🚀 Day-to-day, the Email Storyteller role involves:
- Writing engaging, conversational email copy that matches our brand voice
- Managing multiple email publications simultaneously with close attention to detail
- Coordinating and collaborating with stakeholders across the company to gather relevant information and materials to feature in emails
- Contributing to the visual design of each email by suggesting concepts for our design and engineering team to bring to life
We currently use an email design tool called Stripo to craft emails and we use SendGrid for sending. We’re open to changing both in the long term, but you’ll start out using what we have. Our email list is quickly approaching 150k and growing fast. You’ll work across two of our media newsletters (Building Remotely and Borderless), as well as on emails for SafetyWing products themselves (Nomad Insurance and Remote Health).
🧪 We are looking for someone who
- Wants to help build a global social safety net on the Internet.
- Thinks for themselves instead of copying others.
- Is willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure.
- Is intellectually curious and open to new ideas.
- Is creative and bold in the face of any problems.
- Has strong integrity and do the right thing.
🧘 What we offer
We operate in a fully remote work environment – work from anywhere globally.
You will receive an hourly salary compensation.
We have an annual team gathering where you will join us. The previous gathering was in Tulum, Mexico.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
SafetyWing was founded to support nomads like ourselves by building an adaptable software-based global social safety net.
Our products are created by a fully remote team distributed across the globe and stretching ten timezones while headquartered in San Francisco.
We’re here to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone.
To apply for this job please visit safetywing.pinpointhq.com.