Full Job Description
The Global Demand Center (GDC) within the Cloud Marketing Group is leading the marketing transformation of Microsoft’s largest and fastest growing commercial businesses. Our always-on acquisition and nurture Global Engagement Programs (GEPs) work across segments, targeting business and technical audiences across our commercial portfolio. This includes Azure, Microsoft 365, Teams, Dynamics 365, Power Platform, Project, Visio, Teams, Surface, AI, Security, Digital Transformation, commercial industries, and education, with programs available in 42 markets and 30 languages. The GDC team is modernizing and integrating these channels through advanced analytics, marketing automation, and digital marketing. We are on a mission to drive market share, consumption, and consistent double-digit+ revenue growth. Content is the fuel that drives the digitally connected customer journeys at the core of the GDC engine, and we’re looking for a skilled, self-motivated, insight-driven content strategy director to build the content that motivates customers to take action.
The Director of Content Strategy will lead a team of Content Strategists, who develop and execute content strategies supporting the commercial cloud business. As a content strategy leader, you will help define the content strategy vision and help build the content strategy discipline within the GDC. You will be accountable for deeply understanding the business priorities, getting close to our target audiences, defining the content journeys that attract, nurture, inspire, and retain customers, and manage quality execution and delivery of the content. You will work closely with other leaders across the organization to deliver high-value content that supports integrated marketing plans that drive signals into sales and other business outcomes, including engaging with field and subsidiary marketers to identify innovative ways to create content practices that support a global audience. Your network will include leaders across product marketing, integrated marketing, relationship marketing, sales, engineering, and agency partners to develop and execute on your plan. Our team: The Lifecycle Programs team is a fast-paced digital marketing organization. We put a focus on getting things done, simplifying anything and everything, and having fun while doing it. We all believe in connecting with customers at scale, supporting them at each stage of the customer journey, from early awareness and consideration, through onboarding and post purchase engagement. You will be in the middle of it all helping to define how we approach content strategy and guiding your team to identify the right content that delivers what customers want—where they want it, when they want it, and how they want it.
- Contribute to the evolution of the strategic vision for content strategy in the Global Demand Center
- Define content journeys for a variety of business audiences and solution areas—including developers, IT professional, business decision makers—across industries.
- Build the resulting content strategies and content plans to address customer journey insights and designed to accelerate the customer through the lifecycle.
- Develop cost-effective localization strategies.
- Be a customer advocate. Relentlessly champion the customer and the experiences they have with the content you and your team create—how they find it, how they consume it, how they use it to make decisions.
- Leverage data and market insights for decision making including content optimization and new concept development.
- Help others grow and learn. You recognize your own content expertise, but also recognize that you can’t do it all and—and you seek out opportunities to educate others about what makes great content.
- Coach and develop a data-driven, results-oriented, innovative, best-in-class, and inclusive content strategy team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 5+ years integrated marketing (e.g., digital, relationship, social media, campaign), event management, marketing strategy, business planning, marketing operations, or related work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Strong customer centric mindset and demonstrated ability to put the customer first.
- Experience coaching, developing, and managing people, including leading teams through change
- Clear and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with program performance tracking and communications.
- Recognized as a self-starter with a strong bias for action.
- Creative problem-solving skills, and a growth mindset approach.
- Experience operating in highly matrixed organizations, often with competing priorities.
- A demonstrated track record of business impact through content
- Well-versed in digital marketing best practices, including journey mapping.
- Understanding of content disciplines, including SEO, content strategy, and execution.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 7+ years integrated marketing (e.g., digital, relationship, social media, campaign), event management, marketing strategy, business planning, marketing operations, or related experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 3+ years integrated marketing (e.g., digital, relationship, social media, campaign), event management, marketing strategy, business planning, marketing operations, or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years people management experience. Yeah
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.