Full Job Description
The Global Demand Center (GDC) within the Cloud Marketing group is leading the marketing transformation of Microsoft’s largest and fastest growing commercial businesses. Our always-on integrated marketing programs work to nurture and acquire new customers across segments, targeting business and technical audiences across our commercial cloud portfolio, with programs available in 42 markets and 30 languages. The GDC team is modernizing and integrating these channels through advanced analytics, marketing automation, and digital marketing. We are on a mission to drive market share, consumption, and consistent double-digit+ revenue growth. Content is the fuel that drives the digitally connected customer journeys at the core of the GDC engine, and we’re looking for a skilled, self-motivated, data-driven content strategist to build the content that motivates customers to take action. The Content Strategist will develop and execute content strategies for the ever-critical security space. You will be accountable for understanding the business priorities, getting close to our target audiences, defining the content journeys that attract, nurture, inspire, and retain customers, and manage quality execution and delivery of the content. You will work closely with your counterparts, the integrated marketing strategists, to drive business outcomes. Your network will include product marketers, integrated marketers, relationship marketers, sales, engineering, and agency partners to develop and execute on your plan. Our team: The Lifecycle Programs team is a fast-paced digital marketing organization. We put a focus on getting things done, simplifying anything and everything, and having fun while doing it. We all believe in connecting with customers at scale, supporting them at each stage of the customer journey, from early awareness and consideration, through onboarding and post purchase engagement. You will be in the middle of it all helping to identify the right content that delivers what customers want—where they want it, when they want it, and how they want it.
- Define content journeys for Security and IT professionals across industries.
- Build the resulting content strategies designed to accelerate the customer through the lifecycle.
- Create a content plan to address the insights in the customer journey and strategy, ensuring the content is aligned to what the customer needs at each stage.
- Deliver the content through our internal Studio or with select agency partners.
- Be a customer advocate. Relentlessly champion the customer and the experiences they have with the content you create—how they find it, how they consume it, how they use it to make decisions.
- Leverage data and market insights for decision making including content optimization and new concept development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 1+ year(s) integrated marketing (e.g., digital, relationship, social media, campaign), event management, marketing strategy, business planning, marketing operations, or related work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 3+ years integrated marketing (e.g., digital, relationship, social media, campaign), event management, marketing strategy, business planning, marketing operations, or related work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Strong customer centric mindset and demonstrated ability to put the customer first.
- Clear and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with program performance tracking and communications.
- Recognized as a self-starter with a bias for action.
- Creative problem-solving skills, and a growth mindset approach
- Experience managing across highly matrixed organizations, often with competing priorities.
- A demonstrated track record of business impact through content
- Well-versed in digital marketing best practices, including journey mapping.
- Understanding of content disciplines, including SEO, content strategy, and execution.
- Preferred, but not required: experience with commercial technology sales process
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $108,200 and $162,200.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.