ACT is where artistic ambition and civic engagement unite. We envision a world where the power of theatre expands our collective understanding of community and our own humanity. Over the last 57 years, ACT has supported these voices as they sharpen and grow and has honed its mission around nurturing the theatre makers of the next generation. As the voice of the Pacific Northwest, our commitment to New Works by local playwrights brings Seattle’s voice beyond our stages, and into the national conversation.
ACT strives to be a meaningful place to work. We take pride in our accomplishments and recognize our work is dependent upon our highly skilled colleagues and dynamic work teams. We want our art to be joyful and our work to have a spirit of adventure. It is our belief that thoughtful guardrails bolster an environment where we can all be brave and buoyant together. We work hard at building strong and productive relationships and use respectful communication and feedback to maintain them at the highest level. Taking great care to ensure and promote the safety and the wellbeing of our employees and our community, we strive to always bring your best self, and to honor the best in others.
About the Role
Do you have a passion for social media and marketing? Do you enjoy creating content and copywriting? ACT’s enterprising and results-driven Marketing team is hiring!
The Digital Content and Communications Manager (DCCM) is responsible for the company’s social media strategy and is the lead copywriter for all marketing and sales initiatives. This position creates high quality content and impactful messaging that engages audiences and builds brand recognition. This role is responsible for retargeting and nurturing patrons and consumers with the objective of improving brand awareness, trust, and ultimate purchase intent and conversions. The DCCM drives ACT’s social media presence, ensuring high levels of web traffic and patron engagement. They will devise and implement content strategies and collect engagement data as well as identify trends among patron interactions to help plan marketing campaigns that build brand loyalty and build community. They also have an eye for social media trends and know how to engage and grow the company’s followers.
The specific responsibilities cover a full spectrum of digital operations including creating content for organic and paid social, managing paid digital agency, social media community management, metrics tracking, identification of current and emerging trends, managing post engagement, responding to followers and direct messages, and overarching content strategy, development, creation, and implementation across all social media platforms. This role will also directly support marketing initiatives with writing and editing communications including emails, show blurbs, announcements, advertising, programs, and brochures.
Engagement across all platforms is central to the success of the organization and the ability to tell our story. Communications from the DCCM will be the primary external voice of ACT, and they must execute that voice with care, creativity, authenticity, and good judgement.
Benefits include medical insurance, dental, vision and life insurance are also available, commuter benefit, Employee Assistance Program, 11 paid holidays, 403b plan available, access to $5 downtown parking, and free tickets to ACT productions. Paid Time Off begins at 20 days per year. Sick time accrues per the Seattle Paid Sick and Safe Time Ordinance. This position is available for hybrid work as activities allow.
Responsibilities Include (But are not limited to):
- Design social media strategy including building and maintaining social media presence by creating, publishing, and sharing content across multiple social media channels including text, images, video, and more to build online connections and encourage interaction.
- Lead content creator – Includes creating meaningful and engaging content (photo, video, motion graphics) across all departments and leading colleagues and artists to capture content for social media, email marketing, and website.
- Convey the Company brand on social media channels in a cohesive way to achieve marketing goals.
- Work within show budgets to boost appropriate social media organic content followed by providing detailed back-up for show settlements.
- Manage outside agency on paid social campaigns including trafficking assets, meeting regularly to assess performance, and creation and sending of strategic CRM lists.
- Support the Director of Marketing to build an effective and efficient overall inbound marketing plan, making best use of digital media opportunities.
- Manage online community, communicate with followers, remove inappropriate comments, respond to queries in a timely manner, and monitor customer reviews. Escalate patron complaints to Patron Services Manager as appropriate.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications, including exploring new platforms to expand social reach and ensure ACT is on the forefront of trends and platforms.
- Create and manage content calendars for social media coordinating with email, printed materials, and press outreach touchpoints.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure brand consistency and messaging alignment.
- Lead copywriter for all marketing and sales initiatives.
- In partnership with the Sales and Marketing Analyst and the outside digital marketing agency, analyze social media activity and share data, insights, and best practices with internal stakeholders.
- In partnership with the marketing team, analyze message effectiveness, and regularly test A/B communications.
- Ensure that a commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Belonging and ACT values and artistic standards is exhibited in all online activities and public messaging.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in social media management for an organization, brand, or agency
- Hands on experience in capture, content creation, and management (text, image, and video)
- Excellent writer; Strong and diverse copywriting skills
- Experience executing paid social media
- Expertise of all social media channels’ best practices
- Knowledge of social analytics, and the ability to review and communicate those analytics to make informed decisions on future strategies
- Distinguished interpersonal and communication skills
- Successful project management skills
- Excellent editing, research, and organizational skills
- Organizational and administrative management experience including calendaring, written and verbal communication, strategy building, and providing reports
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Canva, and Asana
- Drive to collaborate to achieve common goals, flexible, sense of humor, problem-solver, detail-oriented, support driven, work independently on multiple projects at a time.
- Flexibility in scheduling, occasional weekend and evening work will be required based upon program calendar
Equity & Inclusion
ACT is an equity opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, military and/or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, neurodiversity, education, socio-economic status, cultural affiliation, language, marital or family status, genetic information, political ideology, actual or perceived status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking or any other status or condition protected by the applicable federal, state, or local laws or other characteristics prohibited by law.
ACT strives to be an anti-racist, fully accessible, multicultural theatre that is truly welcoming to all. Employees will:
- Demonstrate the initiative to learn and enhance skills that promote anti-racism, cultural competency, and an understanding of oppression and its impact
- Participate in intentional learning efforts, including events relating to understanding institutional racism, and building cultural competency and exhibit a commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Belonging
As a part of ACT’s commitment to equity, ACT is committed to paying individuals equitably; according to scope and responsibility of the job and considering the size and budgetary parameters of the organization. ACTs compensation philosophy reflects the following values; Transparency, Flexibility, and Internal Equity. ACT works with a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) to determine pay ranges across the organization annually.
Physical Skills/Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate a computer, telephone, iPad, still and video camera. Strong written command of the English language with the ability to be understood, and the ability to work in an open office environment. Work environment includes a variety of environments typical in a theatrical environment, administrative office spaces, and public spaces.
Submit resume and cover letter with “Digital Content and Communications Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.