About the Team:
In 2019, Future acquired SmartBrief, a leading digital B2B publisher of targeted business news and information. Serving more than 6 million senior executives, thought leaders, and industry professionals, SmartBrief filters thousands of sources daily to deliver the most relevant industry news in partnership with more than 180 trade associations, professional societies, nonprofits and corporate entities. SmartBrief focuses on enriching their audience’s lives through the delivery of pertinent news and content and we are really excited about the partnership and the continued growth of our B2B media offering. Visit www.smartbrief.com for details.
- SmartBrief is looking for a Custom Content Editor for its Education & Business Services suite of publications. You will oversee the creation of custom content for SmartBrief clients and also edit SmartBrief B2B email newsletters within specific industries. You will report to the Associate Director of Content for Education & Business Services.
- Managing the editorial process for webinars, Q&As, infographics, podcasts, white papers, blog posts and other custom content, from launch calls and topic development through final proofing stages
- Hiring, onboarding and managing freelancers’ and contributors’ research and writing
- Managing the invoicing process for freelancers connected to custom content projects
- Interacting with advertisers on custom content projects, including content discussions, brainstorming, draft revisions, etc. This most often includes video calls.
- Writing custom content and editing contributor-written content
- Working with sales and product marketing teams to support growth of SmartStudio business
- Line editing newsletters on deadline
- You will attend and report from industry events as an industry expert (when appropriate)
- Moderating webinars and video Q&A discussions when content requires it
- Joining team, department and company-wide video calls as scheduled
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or Journalism preferred. Will consider other degree areas if the applicant has relevant work experience.
- Experience writing and editing content marketing/branded content materials. Expertise in education and HR is a plus.
- Experience writing, editing and managing large content projects.
- Ability to work effectively with marketing clients.
- Ability to manage freelance writers and other contributors
- Effective at translating complicated subject matter into clear, clean language.
- Able to work independently and prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment, paying close attention to details under tight deadlines.
- Firm grasp of copy editing and fact-checking basics, and a thorough knowledge of AP style.
- Possess strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Possess solid oral and written communications skills.
- Willing to take initiative and get involved wherever necessary to bring projects to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Demonstrable experience creating engaging content for clients that include vendors serving K12 and higher education, HR, business leaders, supply chain, manufacturing, nonprofit organizations and government entities.
- Confidence and comfort when moderating webinars and/or live panel discussions
- Podcast production
- Experience with Salesforce and Basecamp
What will I get in return? As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Salary: $60,000 – $65,000
- Unlimited paid time off
- A share in our success – every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year and access to our unique Value Creation Plan
- Central office locations with safe working spaces and flexibility to work remotely as required
- Discounted digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are FutureConnectors. Creators. Experience MakersWe’re Future. We’re 3000+ colleagues over 250+ brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We’ve got ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it. Want to know more… https://youtu.be/xxfSvjPuZdcInclusion & DiversityAt Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness. We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.