What you’ll be working on
On our client’s fast-growing Content Strategy team, they’re seeking a Content Strategy Lead to help your cross-functional partners determine the right message to serve up via the right channel, at the right time. A typical day for you may look like diving into competitive research. Or putting together a content model so your designer has a “blueprint” to work with. Or maybe you’ll lean into a content matrix, so your team has a source of truth for all the messaging that exists across the product experience.
An ideal candidate is not only a strategic thinker, but also a sought-after collaborator, strong, detail-oriented UX writer who works well in entrepreneurial environments. If you’ve ever been called “tenacious” or a “UX evangelist,” that’s a plus: They’re a small team in a big org, and you’ll be relied on to consistently, persuasively advocate for best-in-class messaging on behalf of their customers.
What you’ll do:
- Execute on deliverables like competitive research, content audits, content models, and content matrices
- Write clear, compelling messaging and drive the strategy for new feature development
- Ensure consistent messaging across platforms (app, mobile web, desktop)
- Carry the brand voice through multiple channels, while driving product-specific tone and style standards
- Work cross-functionally with product designers (UX/UI), product managers, engineers, and marketers, working collaboratively to make the customer journey as user-friendly as possible
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how customers interact with their product, and use data to determine how to solve customer problems — and make their messaging even more compelling
Desired skills & experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, library science, communications, marketing, or a related field
- 5+ years of professional content strategy or copywriting experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing and conversation-mapping skills, as well as a deep understanding of how to identify user problems
- Experience driving content strategy deliverables, such as content audits, inventories, and matrices
- A collaborative work style and the ability to think holistically—understanding how design and content strategy work together to provide customers with a consistent end-to-end message
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, leadership, and organizational skills
- A motivated, self-starter attitude with demonstrated ability to push independent and team projects to completion
Note: Please be able to provide 2-3+ examples and samples of your content writing work or a portfolio. They are looking for examples that demonstrate your content strategy and thinking process.